Karim Aouichaoui, lead performance coach at the club has been advised by some staff at the LTA that he should be entered for the Performance Coach of the Year award.
The award is based on number of votes received so we hope that you will support Karim - read all the details from Karim below
Upcoming is the LTA performance coach of the year award and I have been told to get as many nominations as possible from my players and other coaches. As the award is given via the greatest number of nominations I would really appreciate your time and efforts to nominate me if you think I would be a worthy winner of the award.
I have worked extremely hard the last year or so to develop some future tennis stars and will continue to work hard for your children.
If you could please take the time to follow the link and nominate me as Performance coach of the year as there are some other extremely strong candidates nation wide. If you could also forward the link to friends and family to help me get as many nominations as possible this would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the criteria for the LTA Performance Coach of the year
My job title is Lead Performance Coach at Winchester Racquets and Fitness.
Some of my successes over the last year are, I currently coach 4 national players, 5 Regional players and numerous county players individually.
- I individually coach 3 out of the 4 players in the Hampshire under 12 county team. All of these players national rankings have increased by at least 20 places in the last year.
- I was the captain of the boys under 12 Aegon Team to finish 2nd place nationally.
- I am currently the captain of two county teams (under 10 and under 12 girls)
I regularly attend tournaments which I feel has a big positive impact on the players I coach in which you can through results such as:
- -Owen Martel achieved his orange 1 star rating and has won 4 under 9 grade 4 tournaments and is currently the top of the Hampshire county leader board.
- -Daniel Prickett achieved his orange 1 star rating and qualified for the under 9 grade 1 winter national tour finals.
- - Hannah Smith achieving her green 1 star rating and winning numerous grade 3 tournaments as well as runner up in others.
- -Eliza Wheeler achieved her green 1 star ranting reaching the quarter finals of the under 10 grade 2, and also the quarter finals of the Winter national tour grade 1 finals at the national tennis centre.
- Both Hannah and Eliza have attended two LTA National camps and have attended the LTA National Talent ID day at the national tennis centre.
- -Aisling Mcgrane with one grade 3 and two grade 4 under 12 wins in her first 6 months of under 12 tennis and has also qualified for the LTA national talent ID programme for the first time.
- -Lorelei Sanderson who made the final of two grade 3s and the winner of two grade 4 under 12 events.
- -Astrid Williams with two grade 4 under 12 wins.
- -Miles McDowall who represented Hampshire at the Under 18 county cup playing at number 1 singles and doubles.
- -Karl Grossey who has qualified for one 10k futures tournament which is the first stage of professional tennis on the ITF tour.
All of these players I teach individually have also had at least one rating increase over the last year.
I feel that I also put in the extra work off court as well as on court to provide the best service to my players. These extra efforts include goal setting online via the LTA website and producing folders for my players which includes information such as :
-Strength and Conditioning (Warm Ups, Injury Prevention)
I have also designed a match feedback book for all the players I teach individually which provides a detailed analysis of the each match that my players compete in.
I am extremely committed to delivering a high quality programme to the players I teach and I am constantly looking to widen my knowledge to continue my players improvements.
Click here to vote for me and these are my details that need to be entered,
BTM Number: 101599975
Coach Code: CO030047
Again your votes and time would be greatly appreciated to help me gain this award.
Lead Performance Coach
Winchester Racquets and Fitness