Fitness Centre expansion and refurbishment gets underway
Work has finally started on the expansion and refurbishment of the fitness centre.
The project will include
- Increase in fitness area of around 30%
- Replacement of X trainers, arc trainers and steppers with new machines featuring integrated TVs
- Improved resistance and free weight training including:
- cable crossover machines
- Dip Chin bars
- Olympic squat and press rack
- more benches, dumbbells, increased free weight area
- NEW functional training zone / space for functional training and suspension training
- Increased stretch / mats area
- Complete refurbishment /new flooring throughout
- New air con units
Plans will be on view shortly for this exciting project that will put the fitness centre firmly on the map as the number one place to work out in Winchester. The work is expected to take around 7 weeks and we aim to minimise any inconvenience to members throughout the process.
We are currently planning to open the newly refurbished fitness centre at the start of June. The fitness centre will be out of action for a few days in the final phase while the flooring is installed and new equipment put in place. This will happen in the last week in May but we plan to use the fitness studio as an alternative work out area so that members can continue with their fitness programmes while the gym is unavailable.
We will keep you informed as the project progresses, but please be assured that we will make every effort to minimise inconvenience to members. We are also confident that any temporary inconvenience will be more than worth it once the new fitness centre is finally opened.
Watch out for the plans and info on equipment which will be presented shortly.