1. I have been the Chairman of the Squash and Racketball section for approximately 6 months now, and during this time I (and the committee) have been concerned that we are not delivering enough for the racketball players within the section. The aim of this letter is twofold; firstly to ask for representation on the committee from racketball players to ensure we have a more balanced view at meetings; and secondly to canvas your views regarding racketball training, mix in sessions, coaching, competitions etc.
2. The committee would benefit greatly from wider representation from across the section, young, old, the ultra-competitive and the social player from both racket sports. We have moved some way to achieving this with the introduction of a junior committee member, a ladies representative, the team captain for Hampshire Squash Leagues, amongst others. The commitment to the committee is one meeting per month (contribute your views mainly) and then whatever time you can spare to events – there is no pressure to commit a great deal of time and effort on committee business, the most valuable contribution is your views and those of the racketball community. The committee would be better balanced with 2-3 racketball players, I would like you to consider filling the following committee appointments (volunteers are invited to email me direct at email@example.com):
· Racket Ball – General Committee Member
· Racket Ball – Retired Committee Member (day time events and off peak usage is one area we are looking at)
· Racket Ball – Ladies Representative
3. The committee is very active on the squash front; junior group training, junior coaching and tournaments, squash competitions including world class squash at the club, and team training to name but a few. In addition we have 10+ teams in the Hampshire Squash Leagues. I feel that this is due to 2 main factors; squash is more established than racketball; and that the committee is currently, and has been historically made up of predominantly squash players. Having racketball represented on the committee will go some way to resolving the imbalance on the committee; it would assist the committee if we had a wide range of views from the racketball community. I would appreciate it if you could all take 5 minutes to complete the form below (click link to open form) and email back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to help shape the future of racketball at the club.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this letter and for completing the form, I look forward to hearing your views. If you do not wish to complete the form but text/chat about your views feel free to contact me on 07748325073.
Chairman, Squash and Racketball